Tommy Desperate

Default Getting back an automatic date

I have a question about Microsoft Works 7.0. I see no specific forum for
this so perhaps someone here can help me with two word processing problems -
problems I've had with Works since updating my Nortor AV.

1. The letters I write no longer have the date automatically inserted. It's
now always an old date. I have to type in a new date when I write a new
letter. Any way to fix this?

2. After I click on a shortcut to MS Works, I get the message on my desktop
- "Works cannot complete the task. Try restarting Windows, or reinstalling
Works."

I don't want to reinstall the Works CD because I'm worried about losing
documents. Would reinstalling the disc jeopardise the documents?

Tom Hagerty