Stephen S

I know and tried that but still no good.
I'll explain what I'm doing from the beginning. We are trying to create a
School Directory with students names, their parents and contact details. Some
families don't want some specific details published ie cell number. I'm
importing from an Excel database which is fine. I output to a new 3 column
document. Maybe the problem is that I have separated each line with
shift-enter. Originally I separated the lines with ENTER key but while the
blank lines were omitted the Student details were not kept together as a
group and sometime split/wrap over columns . With the shift-enter format they
are kept together as paragraph but the blank lines appear.

"Jezebel" wrote:

What are you trying to do? The merge function has a checkbox for omitting
blank lines automatically.

"Stephen S" Stephen wrote in message
news
From previous message posts I still don't understand the answers. Is it
syntax - I have Word 2003. Here is what I have.
P_Work is a work phone field
{IF {MERGEFIELD "P_WORK" }= " " {MERGEFIELD "P_WORK}"}
when I toggle field codes view all I see is MERGEFIELD