Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Figure overrides spacing above and below

Presumably the Figure style has Single (not Exact) line spacing?

"joeljkp" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm working on a research paper in Word 2007. I have a requirement that
figures be placed with a blank line between them and their captions below.

I've tried implementing this by putting each figure in a Figure style,
with
11-pt spacing above and below. The figures are placed inline with the
text,
as characters.

What I'm seeing though is for some of my figures, the actual graphic is
overrunning the space Word is giving it. It's eating up all the space
below,
running up against the caption, and if I take out the spacing altogether,
it
is cutting off the bottom part of the image.

If I click it to view the graphics handles, the image is being cut off by
the caption text, but the graphics handles are extending below the
caption.

Does anyone have any idea here?

Thanks.