Nexan

If I give you a specific example, could you show me what you mean? Let's say
I'm trying to change the following, with the text after the colons being
variables:

Date: 3/1/2005
Name: Joe Blow

Date: 3/2/2005
Name: Jane Doe

Name: Joe Blow
Date: 3/1/2005

Name: Jane Doe
Date: 3/2/2005

Thanks, Graham! I really appreciate all your help!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Nexan wrote:
"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The second part is rather more complicated unless all the lines you
want to move are easily identifiable or you want to swap every three
lines around - See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

To further clarify what I'm needing to do, the letters in my example
will be wildcards, for the most part. I know how to get the macro to
find the wildcards but not how to cut and past them.

The Help menu seems to suggest using the "Highlight All" option under
Find for such things; however, after I've cut the appropriate text, I
can't get the macro to paste it where it needs to go -- the error
claims that no text has been selected.

If you can identify unique strings for the replace function to select, you
can use round brackets to collect the relative parts of the string and
replace the strings in a different sequence. You don't need to use cut and
paste.