Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Formulas using merged and form field data

As long as you have worked out how to merge a document with form fields, the
thing to recognise is that each form field has a bookmark name that you can
use in a calculation. So for example, if you just need to add Current Pay
and Increase Amount, and Increase Amount was in a form field with bookmark
bkmIncreaseAmount, you would need something like

{ ={ MERGEFIELD "Current Pay" }+{ REF bkmIncreaseAmount } }

where all the {} are the special field braces you can insert using ctrl-F9

Peter Jamieson
"Smhall" wrote in message
I have a form that merges data from an Access database. It also has form
fields to be filled in by the user. How can I set up a formula that uses
both sources. Example: Current Pay comes over from access, Increase
Amount
comes from the user. I want to calculate the new pay and percentage
increase.