Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement, microsoft.public.word.newusers
raylopez99 raylopez99 is offline

Default How to reinstall Word 2003 Spell check in XP?

Graham Mayor--thanks for your website. Here are my Registry values
below, which differ slightly from what you recommend. I notice now
Word Spell Check "works" but rather crudely--it appears it is not that
smart, except for the most trivial cases, and certain words like
"filled" show up as errors. At the moment, compared to what I had
before (namely, no spell check whatsoever), these drawbacks are
acceptable, but I'd like to improve Spell Check if possible.

Where can I get (download, since I doubt my old CD has them) the
latest .DLL and .LEX for Word Spell Check, and will these work on Word
2003?

RL

Here is what I have, which differs slightly from what you recommend:

"1"="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\CUSTOM.DIC" {no
UserName}

"Engine"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PROOF
\MSSO232.DLL" {DLL older version?}
"Dictionary"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PROOF
\MSSP2_EN.LEX" {older version?}