Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scott

Default Page border - line

I was trying to insert a "line" border around the entire page not just at the
bottom of the header and top of the footer, but was finding that a "page
border" extended too far down and word wouldn't let me increase the edge
distance at the top and bottom.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Hi, Scott. Not sure what the problem is (probably me not understanding), but
when I put borders on my headers and footers, I make sure I've got an extra
paragraph below the header, THEN put the border on TOP of that paragraph
return, and in the footer, I type a paragraph return BEFORE I put a bottom
border on it. This ensures that the text of my document is at least one line
space away from my header/footer border lines.
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Scott" wrote in message
I inserted a line border, but wanted the line to be below my footer and
header on each page. When I attempted to adjust the "distance from the
edge"
in border-layout it only allows a maximum of 31. Is there anyway to allow
the top and bottom page border lines to move up more. Essentially, I
wanted
a common theme at the top (header) and address etc at the bottom (footer)
and
wanted the border around a two columb text information sheet. I
contemplated
using a table with two columns, but would rather use the word column
feature
if possible.