Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Margaret Bartley

Default Unmerge a document?

Never mind, I figured it out.

When the file opens, it asks if I want to use the same data, and I say "no",
and then, when the file opens, unconnected to data, I saved THAT file as my
new master file.

Learned something new today....

"Margaret Bartley" wrote in message
I did a mailmerge, and then the next time I opened that document, it was
attached to the data I had used in the first mailmerge.

I didn't mean for the connection to persist - I guess I saved it wrong, I
needed to save it, because I made some changes to the text. Maybe I

should
have saved the document before beginning the merge, but I didn't.

Is there any way to unmerge the document? I have some complex macros in

the
document, and I don't want to have to mess with them.