Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JWhitehead JWhitehead is offline

Default Office 2007 & ODBC

1. The data source is w/in sage (our finance program).

2. Word 2007 w/ SP2

3. Windows Vista, 32-bit

If I pull the data into either Excel or Access, and then create the mail
merge in word using that as the data source it works no troubles. Just can't
seem to get it to work with the ODBC.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

1. What is the data source?

2. Do you have Word 2007 SP2, or an earlier version of Word 2007?

3. Are you using Vista-64 bit, or perhaps another 64-bit version of Windows?

As far as point (2) is concerned, currently I only have Word 2007 Sp2 to
experiment with, and when I attempted an ODBC connection with Excel,
although the connection appeared to work fine, subsequent investigation
suggests that although it is an ODBC connection, Word is not going to
tell us what the connection string is.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

JWhitehead wrote:
I am trying to do a mail merge in MS Word 2007 from an ODBC source. I am able
to find the option to do so. I go through this, but when I get the end, it
tells me there is errors with the merge, and no data is showing from the
merge.

If I import the data from ODBC to Access, for example, it shows all 450
records correctly. I can then do the mail merge in Word from there. The only
thing is, if the data that I've imported into Access changes in the original
table(s), other than re-importing, how would I get it to show the updated
data?

I guess what I'm asking here...
Is there a way to do a mail merge in MS Word 2007 to an ODBC source, and
actually be able to view the records?