Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Change Multilevel List Numbering Style

In the define new multilevel list dialog there's a "Set for all levels"
button. Click that button and the resulting dialog allows you to set the
bullet/number position and the text position for the first level and the
additional indent for each subsequent level. This is new for W2007.

Pam

Matt D wrote:
So I started creating a document using the multilevel list to number my
headings. When I started the document all of the headings were left aligned.
Now I have been asked by my boss to change the format to make them indented
as the subsections get lower and lower in the levels. Something like this
1.
1.1.
1.2.
1.2.1.
etc.
Is there an easy way to change formatting for all of the headers? There is
a style already included in Word 2007 that is what I want, I just can get it
to apply to all of the headings at once.