Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

Default Tables, Cells, Line Breaks and VBA

The constant you want is the misleadingly named vbVerticalTab, which is the
same as Chr(11).

The ^l abbreviation works only in Find/Replace operations, not in string
constructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Nick Marinelli wrote:
I have been searching for days with no reults, so any help is
appreciated.

I am importing a pipe (|) delimited file into a Word document, and
then converting that text into a table, which is then appened to a
table in a template. The table in the template forces the correct
column widths.

Now, in some of the cells there is text which contains a list of
names. Each name is supposed to appear on it's own line within the
cell. If I were typing this manually, I'd use SHIFT+ENTER to go to
the next line. However, since this is all being done in VBA, that
is not possible.

My question: How do I mimick the action of pressing SHIFT+ENTER in the
VBA Module so that the text will fill the cell correctly? I've tried
Chr(10), Chr(13), Chr(10)+Chr(13), vbLf, vbCr, vbCrLf, but all these
do is place the text into the first cell of a new row in the table.

I've heard something about using ^l (carrot, little"L"), but if I try
to put that in within quotes, it appears as text, and VBA won't allow
it without quotes.

Help!

Thanks again

Nick