Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Transferring key customizations to Word 2007

Daiya

That's an interesting idea that I've not tried. Unfortunately, I've gone
totally Word 2007 now and don't have a legacy normal.dot to test on. To
think that I have always recreated my custom keystrokes for each upgrade...

terry

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
What happens if you take your old Normal.dot, rename it, and install it as
a global template? Does that work in Word 2007? I believe it has worked
for earlier versions on the Mac.

Terry Farrell wrote:
Basically you can't transfer key assignments. This has been a bugbear in
all versions of Word.

Terry

"Larry" wrote in message
Terry says:

Don't be tempted to bring across your old normal,dot to
use in Word2007 because it won't work very well.

If this is the case, how do we transfer our customized key assignments
in
Normal.dot to Word 2007?

Yes, using Organizer we can transfer the macros from the old Word
version's
Normal to 2007's Normal, but not key assignments. There's the Shortcut
Organizer, but that works one key combo at a time, not good if you have
hundreds of key assignments.

Larry