Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mark Mark is offline

Default starting page numbering from 4th page

Thank you Terry!! you too, Charles. And Sangfroid, my sincerest apologies.
Only way I could communicate but yes, it was rude. I'm disappearing now.
--
Mark

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

By File, I mean the Office button which is just the old File menu and still
opens using Alt+F.

When you get into File Open, select the document, right-click and press
DELETE. Or press Delete on your keyboard.

Terry

"Mark" wrote in message
Oops. you lost me already. Open Word. Use File- what is that? where is
that? There is Open under Office button. is that what you mean? If so,
you
have multiple options. NONE is delete. Go to customize. There is no
delete
option to add. So what should I do now? I'm way too poor so buying a Mac
like a should have isn't an option.
Thanks for your help, Terry
--
Mark

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Or in Word use File, Open, select the document and press delete. But note
that it won't let you delete it from here is you have Preview selected
(except Word 2007 in Vista where Preview doesn't work!).

Terry

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi Terry,
Sorry to be rude and "jump in" but I can only access the forum through
reply, not new question. I have a question: how do you delete a
document
you
created in Word. Seriously, I don't have a delete option under the
quick
menu button. Can you please instruct me how to either create the
option
or
find it.
Thank you for your time. I very much appreciate it.
--
Mark

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

You need to insert a Section Break, Next (odd?) Page at the bottom of
the
TOC page. Then enter H&Fs and move to the new section. Make sure that
the
Same As Previous option is UNCHECKED and then start page numbering
(presuming that you want to start this section as Page 1).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"sangfroid" wrote in message

It has really been frustration .... I have been trying for a couple
of
days to page my document so that it starts paging from the
document's
actual page 4.... but no success ....

I have table of contents,index which don't require paging....

Office is really giving me pain.... how do i page it so that the
page
number starts from page 4 ??

I will highly appreciate your help...

--