Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mary J[_2_] Mary J[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 mail merge and outlook

Thanks, Graham. i was able to mail merge in Outlook though the notes you have
on 2007 are not the way it went! (ie it goes to initializing Word 2007 and a
blank document after hitting "OK" in mail merge contacts on page 2 then
nothing else maps). You also need to have the cursor ON the actual subfolder
(i only did this on a subfolder which was my need-not sure how it works if
you need all folders and subfolders merged, God help us). HOWEVER, I do
need to know why this mail merge isn't working directly FROM Word 2007---is
something wrong? I have a tech coming by tomorrow and he is prob going to
take drastic steps like taking off the Microsoft software and resinstalling
it. I know this will screw up all the "views" and niceties it took me days
to get the way i want and i want nothing more than to tell him that isn't
needed. Everything else seems to be working well.
ANY INSIGHT? I'm desperate here. Thanks for helping.