Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
hanspnw hanspnw is offline

Default Cannot change Read-Only status on 2003 template in 2007

I am the only one in my office with 2007; all others are still on 2003
until we migrate to 2010 in a few months. Meanwhile, others use the
template. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that a dotx template won't
play with 2003.

Thank you for your reply,

-Hans

On Aug 30, 4:24*am, "Robert M. Franz [RMF]"
wrote:
Hello Hans

hanspnw wrote:
I have a Word 2003 template that I need to update in Word 2007 but I
am getting a Read Only dialog box when I attempt to save the changes.

[..]
Any suggestions -- other than saving as a 2007 template (not an
option) -- are greatly appreciated...

why isn't this an option? You could save it back to DOT later again (if
need be -- though with Word 2010 out, users need a pretty good
explanation why they're still working on an Office version which cannot
open DOCX/DOTX).

HTH
Robert
--
* /"\ *ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
* \ / * * * * * * * * * * * *| *MVP | * * Scientific Reports