Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jmparsons jmparsons is offline

Default Merging from Excel

On Jan 11, 1:21*am, "Peter Jamieson"
wrote:
I don't know what you mean by "re-execute the field."

I mean select it and press F9 to update its value.

Aha! That did the trick!!

I test using e.g.

a{ LINK Excel.Sheet.8 "[path]" "[cell reference]" [switches] }b

The switch combinations that work here a
1. \a \p (Inserts a picture linked to the cell)
2. \a \f4 \r (Inserts text with formatting using rtf)
3. \a \t (Inserts plain text)
4. \a \b (Inserts a bitmap image linked to the cell)
5. \a \t \u (Inserts plain unicode text)

It is now working just the way it is supposed to. I manually edited
the LINK code to remove the MERGEFORMAT and changed the switches to \a
\t.