Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default 1000 separator not showing upon merge

What language version of Word are you using? English versions of Worduse
curly brackets as field boundaries {}. In any case you don't have to enter
the brackets, you should already have them. Toggle the field display with
Alt+F9 and add the switch between the existing brackets.

ANNIEhatesVISTA wrote:
I had a copy of that document, but it told me to use "{}" brackets.
The help menu from 2007 Word (Vista) told me to use "()" brackets. I
was only able to get it to work using "[]" brackets. Hope this can
help someone else as it took me hours to figure it out on my own.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ANNIEhatesVISTA" wrote
in message ...
HELP! I have inserted a mergefield in a word document that merges
with an Excel sheet. The row in Excel is formatted as a number with
a 1000 separator,
but when I merge the document the separator doesn't show. Instead of
100,000
I get 100000. How can I fix this?