Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

Default Having layout problems

Word's tables can't extend beyond the margins of the page, and most printers
have minimum margin requirements.

You can try setting your margin to 0", but you will most likely get a
message saying that the values are "outside the printable area of the page"
- if so click the 'Ignore' button. Also, click in the table & go to
TableTable Properties & select the "Around" text wrapping option so you can
drag the table or use the Properties dialog to position as you wish.

Keep in mind, however, that there is *NO* guarantee that your printer will
cooperate with this, but it is about the only way I know of. What you are
asking to do is not intended to be done in a word processing program or on a
desktop printer.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/28/06 7:47 PM, in article
, "gskywalkers"
wrote:

I am trying to print out an 8-1/2 x 14 Book cover in Landscape view using
Microsoft Word 2002. I have set up a 3 column, 3 row table and I'm having
trouble trying to make the table extend the full 8-1/2 ". I keep getting a
1/2" or so white border at the bottom. Is there any way to get rid of this
border? The site below shows the cover and the white border is indicated by
the red arrow.

http://scottyswebs.com/bookcover/