Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Fritz Fritz is offline

Default Word docs saved on desktop showing up in IE6 drop down address

Terry, I may be wrong about not storing my docs in the History folder. When I
open history I find a folder named My Computer and those docs are in this
folder. I bet that is the problem. If so how do I fix it?

Sorry about missing this before my last post.

Fred

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Presuming that you are not saving your documents and spreadsheets in the IE
History folder, my guess is that you are using some third party utility that
is screwing around with your system. Do you have one of these Tweak
utilities for clearing histories or maybe a file cleaner like CClean?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Fritz" wrote in message
Can someone tell me why Word and Excel documents saved to my desktop are
showing up on the address bar of Internet Explorer 6?