Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Word docs saved on desktop showing up in IE6 drop down address

That would be the problem. This is strange because My Documents is a Windows
Folder and is hard programmed so that it cannot be deleted or moved. My
Documents should be the user profile under Documents and Settings, Username.
Check to see if you can find the real My Documents and then copy the
contents from the one in the History Folder to the correct one. If that now
looks correct, delete the My Documents Folder from the IE folder.

Terry

"Fritz" wrote in message
Terry, I may be wrong about not storing my docs in the History folder.
When I
open history I find a folder named My Computer and those docs are in this
folder. I bet that is the problem. If so how do I fix it?

Sorry about missing this before my last post.

Fred

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Presuming that you are not saving your documents and spreadsheets in the
IE
History folder, my guess is that you are using some third party utility
that
is screwing around with your system. Do you have one of these Tweak
utilities for clearing histories or maybe a file cleaner like CClean?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Fritz" wrote in message
Can someone tell me why Word and Excel documents saved to my desktop
are
showing up on the address bar of Internet Explorer 6?