Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cv writer cv writer is offline

Default Problems with Word & page layout when sending documents via email

Hi
I've set my document up to print on A4 and margins
Top : 1.2
Bottom : 1.26
Left : 0.5
Right : 0.5
Whenever I re-open document on my end all page layout & styles are preserved.
However, when other folks open document after I have emailed them, the
margins are not preserved.
It's as if client's normal.dot is overwriting style the way I had set things
up.
I'm using older version of Word 2000. (Build 9.0.2720)
I do also make a lot of use of embedded tables in documents, just in case
this is causing some problems. Any ideas.
I am using regular fonts like tahoma or verdana. I did think of embedding
fonts, but don't think this would explain why margins are getting messed up.