Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How do I move from one column to the next in a two-column docu

See also this article: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingColumns.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cade Foster" wrote:

Okay. I'll do that.

Thanks everyone.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

As both fellow correspondents have told you - use a two column table!

Cade Foster wrote:
I inserted a column break and then was able to use ALT + down arrow
and up arrow to switch between the two. I thought there'd be an
easier way of just using some keyboard shortcuts to switch from one
column to the next. I wonder if this was implemented in 2007?

So, if this is the only way for now, then I guess my question has been
answered.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to insert a column break. Or use a
two-column table instead?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cade Foster" wrote in message
Hi,

I made two columns in my word 2003 document. I wanted to know how I
go about
jumping from one column to the next? Normally, you have to type all
the way
to the end of one column in order to reach the next column. I don't
want to
do that. I just want to type a few words at the top of one column
and move to
the next column over to type a few more words.

I remember someone telling me that there's a keyboard shortcut to
do this. Can anyone help?

Thank you very much.