lengbeye

Default Restoring "Number of copies" print default?

Hello, helpful friends:
My Printing Preferences (HP Laserjet 4200) is set for 1 copy. But once I
print, say, 100 copies of one document in Word, the next time I try to print
that file--or even another, unrelated one--the Print dialog pops up with
"100" in the "Number of Copies" field. If I'm not paying careful attention, I
end up wasting tons of paper--or I do a 50-yard dash to the networked printer
down the hall and lunge at the "Cancel" button. At some point, whose arrival
I cannot predict, the "Number of copies" field seems to get reset to "1."
But I'd like that to happen *immediately* after every print job. Can someone
please explain the rules by which Word sets and resets the "Number of Copies"
default, and how I can regain control over it?
Thanks!