Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Serendipity Serendipity is offline

Default How to do an if statement

Thought this worked and then I noticed that if a Child field is blank, I get
commas. How can I separate the names with commas in my statement but not get
them in the result if that field is blank. This is the statement I used.

=CONCATENATE(M2,", ",N2,", ",O2,", ",P2)

Thanks!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

The easiest thing for you to do would be to add another column to your Excel
spreadsheet in which you concatenate the contents of the Child_One,
Child_Two, Child_Three and Child_Four fields for each record and then just
use that one field in your mailmerge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Serendipity" wrote in message
Using Word 2003. Data in Excel 2003 spreadsheet. Performing mailmerge in
Word. How do I make an if statement that will get the value from any one
of
the fields below regardless of whether the other ones are empty or not? I
have a directory which includes who the children in the family are--all
listed on one line--separated by commas--below the name and address
information. I have looked at the KB articles but their examples have only
two fields, and I am not experienced enough to apply their examples to a
more
complex senario.

These are the fields in Excel.

Thanks for your help.