Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I print white text when the document page is white?

Hello Michael

MichaelMiller1556 wrote:
I am printing business cards on preprinted colored stock. I want white text
on the cards, but I cannot print white text when the document page is white.
Only when I have a background color. I do not want to print the background
color over the preprinted card background, but when I do not print the
background color, the white text will not print either.

How can I print white text on colored paper when the Word 2003 document
background is white?

In general, you simply cannot!

An ordinary color printer has 3 (cyan, magenta, yellow) or 4 (+black)
colors only to print. There is no white color. To achieve a white font,
you really would have to print the surrounding colors on white paper
(or, as in your case, you might get away with a very light grey font color).

Professional printers might have additional spot colors, and I presume
one of those can be white. But I'd be surprised to see this in a typical
(and payable) home or even office printer.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS