Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How Do I Turn On the Ribbon

Well, then, that's Outlook, not Word.

http://word.mvps.org

"Dave in Chicago" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply; I also am confounded. Following is what is on my
"About" windos: MSO Outlook 2007 (12.0.6316.5000) SP 1 MSO
(12.0.6320.5000)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It appears that whatever CD was in the box was not Office 2007. Since you
have a traditional menu bar, go to Help | About Microsoft Word. What is
the
version number given?

http://word.mvps.org

"Dave in Chicago" Dave in wrote in
message ...
I have Office 07, installed from CD right out of the box. But I have
only
the raditional menu bar and tool bar, NOT the Office button and not the
Ribbon. I know that this format/view supposedly does not exist in 07,
but
this is what I have. Any thoughts on how to find/turn on the ribbon?

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

There is no old menu bar in Office 2007. Your employees will have to
learn the Ribbon UI if you upgrade to 2007.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In:
http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Tom B" wrote in message
:

How do we turn on the old menu bar in word 2007? Without it office
2007
will
cost far to much to implement because employee's will need to be
retrained.