Word 2003 Virus Scanning STOP

All Virus Scanning can be stopped: If your using Norton
Follow the below if you want to open documents much faster
Open Norton
Click on: Norton Internet Security
Click on: Options
Click on: Norton AntiVirus Options
Click on: Miscellanous
Click on: (Disable): Enable Office Plug-in

Hope this helps you out....
ted

"BillK62" wrote:

How do I disable the "Requesting Virus Scan..." delay that occurs everytime I
try to load a document from my hard disk. I have a robust virus checker. My
hard drive is clean. I don't want to wait an 15 seconds everytime I want to
open a Word file.

(Microsoft insisting that I check for viruses everytime I want to load a
document is a bit infuriating to me, especially after download XP SP2, which
has slowed my computer noticeably already.)