Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default Hanging indent & numbered list

Suzanne, I started over by highlighting and setting the numbered list to
"None". Then I highlighted the entire list and applied the first type in the
multilevel lest. But I don't see a place to specify a hanging indent in the
multilevel options.

Also, the numbered list seems to automatically revert back to single level
as that is the option is highlighted in orange on the ribbon, even though I
changed the list to multilevel...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

That's correct. If you drag Hanging Indent, Left Indent goes with it. If you
drag Left Indent, then both Hanging Indent and First Line Indent markers go
with it. For numbered lists, you need to set left and hanging indents in the
multilevel list dialog instead of in the Paragraph dialog.

http://word.mvps.org

"Carol" wrote in message
I created a numbered list in Word 2007. I want to create a hanging indent.
The "hanging indent" triangle on the ruler does not move independently of
the
"left indent" square.

I also tried using the Paragraph popup to create the hanging indent. It
looks correct in the Preview area at the bottom of the popup, but when I
click "OK" it does not change the way the actual list displays (number
indented 0.25", then first and subsequent lines aligned and indented
another
0.25"):

1. First line is indented like this and the
Second line is indented the same amount.

When I change the hanging indent amount, it moves both the first and
subsequent lines to the right by the same amount.

Thanks.