Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Newmarch David Newmarch is offline

Default tooltips vanish too quickly

I have "Show document tooltips on hover" enabled (Word 2007) but the tooltips
don't display for long enough when I hover over a tracked change in the
document. I'm getting about one second to read the tracked changed properties
before the tooltip disappears. In my case I want to check the exact time an
insertion or deletion was made, and becomes quite a feat of visual dexterity
to spot that information. Nine times out of ten I'm just not quick enough.

I haven't been aware of this problem before, and it may be that this is the
first time I have really needed to see the tooltips. Or it may be that they
previously displayed for longer, and something has now changed.

I can't see any way to set the length of time the tooltips display. Does
anyone have any suggestions on this one?