Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shane in London Shane in London is offline

Default How do I set up Track Changes so that it doesn't flag deletion

But that's what I'm saying - in Word 2002 there isn't an option to do so!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

On the Track Changes tab of Tools | Options, disable the balloons and
set the display of deleted text to "Hidden."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Shane in London" wrote in message
I'm running Word 2002 SP-2. I the previous version of Word that I

ran, you
were able to specify in Track Changes that you didn't want deletions

to be
marked. I'm editing a document now, and all I want to do is show a

line down
the outside of the page for changes, but all it will let me do for

deletions
is show them scored through or with balloons. Surely Microsoft

haven't made
the Track Changes feature less user friendly for Word 2002?

Looks like I'll either have to do it the old fashioned way and draw

the
lines on with the cursor, or I'll have to bodge it by turning off

Track
Changes to make my deletions, turning it back on again and inserting

a space,
both of which will be exceedingly irritating and time consuming, and

are in
my opinion quite a large step backwards.

Anybody know if I can highlight deletions with a line down the side

of the
page only?