Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Install Office on a Different Computer

You're right. An OEM version cannot be used as a qualifying product for
another computer. See my reply to JoAnn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Good catch. I'm still not confident that an OEM app will qualify for an
upgrade on a different machine, though.

You're slipping Suzanne. In the first post in the thread, the poster
said "I have all of the install CDs that came the the system."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
All of which assumes that the OEM actually gave you a CD and that it
qualifies for an upgrade on another machine.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
You can't install that OEM version of Office on another computer.
It basically dies with the old system. It *could* be used as the
qualifying product for a 2007 upgrade version tho.