Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
hank673 hank673 is offline

Default Can table footnotes appear beneath table?

I have not try tables and footnotes but it seems you would need to make a
section break or page break at the bottom of the table so the foot note would
appear in the proper footnote place(holder) at the end of the page. The
addition of the unique table page you have created can more for more text
directed to informing your reader of the value found in the table as well as
adding room for you to employ more unique ideas and formatting in the design
of your table since the table and footnote now occupy the space at the end of
the page.--
Accounting Diploma, Associate in Science Degree, Bachelor of Business
Administration, Master of Business Administration Accounting and Finance
International Business,Student AMDS PhD Walden University

"Barb Sez" wrote:

Is there a way to get a footnote on a paragraph in a table cell to appear
beneath the table, rather than at the bottom of the page?

When I insert the footnote, it seems to make no difference if I select
Beneath Text or Bottom of Page--the footnote text always appears at the
bottom of the page.

Word 2003

Barb