Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill bill is offline

Default Word 2007 Slow Loading Document

Hi All,

I am running XP Pro, Office 2007 and 2 Gig of RAM with a 3 Gig processor.

I notice that when I load a document (86 pages) that has been created in
2007 but saved in 2003 compatible format I get a reasonable "load speed".
When I however load the same document that has been saved in 2007 format it
takes a lot longer to load the document - approximately 3 times the load
time. I assume that there is a function being performed in the 2007 format
which is slowing down the document loading - can anyone help please?

Thanks all,

Bill