kp

I'm using Word 2002. I'm using one data source, not different ones for each
document.

I created the data source myself to go with these documents.

I'm not sure how else to describe it. I have 7 documents that use the same
mailmerge fields and the same data source. Each time I open a document, I'm
prompted to open the data source.

kp
"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
Can you say a little bit more about what you are actually doing?
(Mentioning the version of Word and what the data source is usually helps,
too). If your documents all specify a particular data source, you should
not need to re-open the data source - it should be done automatically each
time you open a document that uses it - although these days you may face
additional security-related dialog boxes. If you have to "re-open" for
each document, that suggests you are actually using a different data
source for each set of merges.

Peter Jamieson

"kp" wrote in message
In my work, I routinely set up one record in my data source and merge
that info into multiple documents.

But I have to re-open the datasource each time I open one of the
documents.

Is there a way to open the datasource and have it stay open for each
document I open?

Thanks,
kp