Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ChelleMeister ChelleMeister is offline

Default Select a Single Page (w/format) or Insert pages from external file

Correction, I have Word 2000. I don't buy the software for my company, so
I'm stuck with this for now...

"ChelleMeister" wrote:

I am working on a Word document that is going to be sent electronically to a
customer. It's at least 150 pages long; some pages are in Portrait format
and a few are in Landscape due to the graphics included in these pages. (My
version is Word 2003.)

Upon reviewing the document, we need to insert a page in Landscape amidst
several Portrait, and as far as I know, my only option is to insert a page
break and select the Landscape format for that portion of the report forward.
This leads me to 3 questions:

1. Is there a command to select landsdcape for a single page? I clearly
don't want to have to go back through 150 pages and re-do all the formatting
because of a page I inserted at page 20. Currently, my only option is select
landscape from this point forward, then select Portrait from this point
forward for the next page, and go to the next sheet that needs to be
landscape and repeat the process through 150 pages.
2. Is there a way to select a single page? I imagine a process similar to
selecting a slide in Power Point. I have another Landscape page in this
Document and thought perhaps I could just select that page and copy it to
insert it as a Landscape page where I need one, but alas, that is not the
case. As far as I can see there is no way I can select an actual page to
move it...rather just the content on the page. Am I incorrect?
3. Is it possible to insert pages from other word documents? I currently
have two word documents that need to be combined. While I could click CTRL
A and copy and paste the content of one document into the other, there is
still the issue of the page formatting loss with the landscape and portrait
orientations. In Power Point, I can insert slides from other files with just
a couple of clicks...it would be great if I could insert specific pages from
one word file into another and have them look exactly the way they did in
their original file.

I'm not a fan of Word due to the restrictions and quirks it has, however I
have no choice but to use Word for this document (Customer's request). If
anyone knows a solution to the questions or issues I addressed, please let me
know.

Michelle