Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack B Jack B is offline

Default get rid of the "Read Only" on stubborn document

Pat,

Hello down under! I'm in the States in Virginia.

I probably should have mentioned I'm using Word 97.

When I go to Save As, the dialog box does not have a Tools button -- just
the Options button, and when I click that I get only one tab titled SAVE.
The Save tab does have a box to check that says "Read only recommended", but
it is unchecked -- saving the document like that nonetheless does not get
rid of the read-only attribute.

Jack
--------------------------

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
G'Day jack,

In the 'Save As' dialog, check under ToolsSecurity options and ensure
that you UNCHECK the 'Read-only recommended' box.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Jack B" wrote in message
How do I get rid of the "Read Only" on a stubborn document I received? I
save the document to a new file name, but, upon opening, it also is "read
only"! FYI, It has some embedded macros that I disable every time upon
opening.

Jack