Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
whiter whiter is offline

Default Mail Merge Date Format

Thanks Beth.

Now I am getting 11,15, 2007. My format in excel is November 15, 2007, do I
need to change this? Even if I select, prefer format under edit funtions,
then I get a totally different date format?

Rebecca

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Try using a capital "M" for the month instead of a lowercase "m". In Word a
lowercase m is for minutes. So what you need is: "MM, dd, yyyy".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"whiter" wrote in message
I am having trouble with my date format in my mail merge.
I am using the date switch \@"mm,dd,yyy" but am still getting a #format.
It used to work before we changed to SP3 from SP2 in Office 2002.

HELP!