Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John[_10_] John[_10_] is offline

Default formatting labels

OK, I had to trick it by saying that my labels are smaller height & width
than they really are and have bigger top & left margins (whatever you take
off the H & W you add to the margins) but the same vertical & horizontal
pitch. Now I can print a whole page of labels and they line up fine.

Didn't there used to be simple top & left indent settings for this?

"John" wrote in message
For some reason I have never figured out how to do this w/ Word 2003 even
though I used to do it with past versions.

In a nutshell, what I want to do is have the information that is printed
onto the label moved down and to the right instead of starting in the
upper left hand corner of the label (which is where my return address is).

If I try to use Tools Letters & Mailings Enveolopes And Labels

I choose Labels and my label type (5163). I choose Options then Details or
New Label but the parameters that it allows me to set are all about where
the labels are on the page and have nothing to do with where the
information lands on the label. I have tried to trick it by putting
ridiculous margin sizes in, but then I get an error message saying that
the labels won't fit on the page.

It seems like there must be a way to do this. I never had this probelm
with past versions of Word.

Thanks