Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default How to align text left, center, right?

And in those days, you used fixed width fonts and you knew exactly how many
characters fitted onto one line.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:51:51 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

There's a way to do this, but it's a bit finicking:

1. Format the paragraph as Justified.

2. Type the name. Use nonbreaking spaces between words. Follow the name
with
an ordinary space.

3. Type the title, again using nonbreaking spaces internally and an
ordinary
space at the end.

4. Type the date, again using nonbreaking spaces (if any).

5. Press Shift+Enter.

6. If the blank line thus produced causes a problem, select just the
paragraph mark and format it as 1 point or Hidden.

Now that's a clever solution. I'll fiddle around with it.

Back in the "old days" on IBM mainframes, we used to have a word
processor that has a "Split" command. You could enter two or more text
strings separated by delimiters and the program would divide the
available space evenly. This was a markup program (not wysiwyg) so we
would imbed controls:

.foot on
.space 2
.split /String one/String two/String three/String four/
.foot off

We used that one a lot.

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000