Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Victor Victor is offline

Default Save As HTML and Windows Explorer?

With Word XP on Windows 2000, when I do a Save As "Web Page, filtered", I get my HTM
file and a directory that contains the images.

The two seem to be linked. Even if I edit the HTM file with a text editor and delete
this line,
meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)"

if I delete the HTM file, the directory and contents are automatically deleted. And if I
delete the directory, same thing, the HTM file is automatically deleted.

What, exactly, is the mechanism here? And how do I "unlink" the file from the directory?

Thanks,

Vic