Default Correct spelling - English not US.

And for more, see http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Of course it is possible. Set the language to UK English and turn off the
option to automatically detect the language. (Tools language set
language)

Ant wrote:
Whoa! You seem to be under the impression that English is a set of
Microsoft languages! This is the problem with assuming a translation
of a language that is similar to your own. In England, English is
the language of the country. We also talk about American. And Welsh.
I want to check spelling for the language I normally speak here in
England. It is almost impossible in Word. It is so frustrating that
I am searching the web for the answer and have found your message.
My simple request is that I can select to check spelling in 'English'
not 'American'. Is that possible?
Antony Pace

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

You seem to be under the misconception that there is only one
correct variation of English. Word's spellchecker includes the
following English variations:
. English (Australia)
. English (Belize)
. English (Canada)
. English (Caribbean)
. English (Hong Kong SAR)
. English (India)
. English (Indonesia)
. English (Ireland)
. English (Jamaica)
. English (Malaysia)
. English (New Zealand)
. English (Philippines)
. English (Singapore)
. English (South Africa)
. English (Trinidad and Tobago)
. English (U.K.)
. English (U.S.)
. English (Zimbabwe)

You don't say which ethnocentric, narrow-minded, bigoted part of
the world you live in, but you just have to tell Word and Windows
which English variation you wish to use. Of course, you are
always free to add whatever words you wish to your custom
dictionary, whether correct or not, and whether English or not.
And if you don't like Word's spelling of a particular word, then
you can add that spelling to your exclusion dictionary.

Chris wrote:

Can I get a list of English, not US, spellings to add to custom.dic?

If so where?

Or is there another way of making Word use correct spellings for
English users?