Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default table style question, space before and after

Oh, I have no argument with that. How long have we been asking for this type
of formatting? But, as you say, until we get what we really need, we have to
use a workaround. (Another thing I hope to see before I die is a "Keep with
previous" property.)

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
But I agree with the OP that what we really want here is "spacing below

the
table" rather than "spacing above the following paragraph of text." In

other
words, logically speaking, the spacing should, ideally, be tied to the

table
(and it should be applied below any bottom border). Of course, this cannot

be
accomplished in Word, so we do the second best thing...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't see much difference between this and using unindented paragraphs
following left-aligned headings even though the remainder of the text
paragraphs have a first-line indent. The whole concept of styles is to

apply
the formatting that is required for a given purpose, and I see the

paragraph
after a table as meeting this test. I set the "Style for following
paragraph" to be whatever flavor of Body Text I'm using for the main
portion, so it's (almost) effortless.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
ps.com...
I would like to avoid using special styles in special places.

If the table style would actually put in the space after the last row,
I would have what I want. But something is preventing it from showing
up, even though the style has a setting for it, which I have set
accordingly.

I see this as either a bug, or there is some subtlety about how to go
about setting that option in the table style. Perhaps there is some
setting somewhere that is overriding it or disabling it.

Brian

On Sep 17, 8:28 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
I usually just add Space After to the text before the table and

Space
Before
to the paragraph after the table. I have a Body Text Space Before

style
that
I use for this and other applications where I want to leave extra

space
above a paragraph.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so