notlikingwordatall notlikingwordatall is offline
Junior Member

Default Page numbers when starting on other than the first page

First, BuildingBlocks.dotx is not disabled. I already checked it.

Can't get Word to insert page numbers. I can only get '1' on the first page I attempt to number.

Can't get Word to insert page numbers without moving everything else. I click outside the footer, closing the edit footer window, and all my text stays where it moved when I first opened the footer.

All I can find to insert page numbers are long, complicated Word help files, and yes, I followed the directions I found. Why is this so hard?

They're page numbers. I should be able to select any page I want to start numbering from, insert page numbers, and have them actually appear on every page after that point, and not all numbered '1.' It shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 clicks to insert page numbers.

I've now devoted hours to this one (what should be) simple task and still have no page numbers. Do I have to manually insert page numbers on every single page in the 257-page manuscript I'm working on?