Posted to microsoft.public.powerpoint,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

Default Vectors in Word 2007

Jan, you also asked about PowerPoint, and although this isn't a PPT
newsgroup, I'll answer your question anyway (and I've also added the
PPT newsgroup to this post).

The "new" equation editor included in Word 2007 is not in PowerPoint
2007. This is the editor Reitanos was talking about in his response.
(This is also referred to as the "OMML equation editor".)

The equation editor in PowerPoint 2007 is "Microsoft Equation 3.0"
(also known as "Equation Editor"), which is the same as the equation
editor that was shipped with Office 2003. This editor, by the way, is
also in Word 2007, but it does not have the "vector barb" that you're
looking for. MathType, the upgrade to Equation Editor, does have this
symbol, and it works in both Word and PowerPoint. You can download a
free 30-day evaluation of MathType at the link in my signature if you
want.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

On 5-May-2008, Reitanos wrote:

On the Insert Ribbon, use the Equation command (on right),
and select Accent to insert the vector arrow over any letter
you type. If your plan is to create images like you have in the
illustration, you will have to use Word's drawing tools along
with transparent text boxes to hold the "equations."

On May 5, 2:33 pm, jan1024188
wrote:
Hello,

I'm making a school project from linear algebra, and I'd
like to know, how to add vectors sign upper the vectors
name like shown here http://tinyurl.com/4wzoek

I use Word 2007 & Power Point 2007 (hope it works on
same way).

Sorry for my bad English,

Jan