Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JT JT is offline

Default 2 Pages Per Print Word 2007

Hi Stefan,

Not sure exactly what you mean by "keep with next". My image is at the top
of the document and then there is a paragraph of text below it. This is
repeated on the next page and I need to print them both on to the same page.

Yes can confirm the image is printed twice, it looks like it is just on the
first page but on closer inspection it is printed directly over the top of
the first image.

Have you been able to try this and get it working?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If each graphic is "In line with text," you can format the paragraph into
which it is inserted as "Keep with next" (Paragraph dialog box, Line and
Page Breaks tab). That should keep the graphic and the following paragraph
together. But, again, on which page they both end up depends on the
(re-)flow of text.

Just to be clear: You are not saying that the graphics disappear, are you,
just that they aren't where you expect them to be?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JT" wrote in message
Hi Stefan,

The default seems to be inline with text but it doesn't work.

I think your description below describes what I would expect to see but it
seems to me this isn't happening, if it was the I would expect to see the
image displayed in the correct place.

My doc is structured like below

Image
text text text text text text

page break

Image
text text text text text text

when I print 2 pages per sheet I'm expecting something like below

Image Image
text text text text text text text text text text

but I get

Image
text text text text text text text text text text

any other ideas?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Each object in the drawing layer is anchored to a text paragraph. The
problem is that when the page is resized, the anchor paragraphs move, and
the graphics move with them.

Have you considered setting the text wrap to "In line with text"?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JT" wrote in message
Hi Stefan,

Yes I understand the page margins will change to fit 2 pages per sheet
but
still expect the graphics to behave in the same way as the text.

Am I missing something? If I have an image centered on page 1 & 2 and I
print with 2 pages per sheet I would expect the image to be displayed
on
both
sides of the new landscape orientated page. What appears to happen is
that
the image from page 2 is printed directly over the top of the image
from
page
1...

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note that choosing "2 pages per sheet" alters the size of the pages in
the
Word document. As far as I know, all you can do is manually move
graphics
fit within the new page margins.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JT" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm trying to print 2 pages per page in landscape orientation using
word
2007. Whilst this seems to work for text only documents, text and
image
combinations do not work. I've tried putting the images in the
header
of
the
document and also in a table layout but in both cases the image is
only
printed on the first page and not the second.

Any ideas on this? I need to print about 150 pages using mail merge
with 2
pages per sheet.

You can reproduce this behaviour by creating a two page document,
add
some
clip art to the top of each page, change the margins to custom and 2
pages
per sheet and then print.

Thanks