Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy B Cindy B is offline

Default Possible bug with Merge hidden text?

Ok, let me aswer all your questions.
It is not merging any of the hidden text. I am running a letter merge to
new document and using Word 2003.

"Cindy B" wrote:

"Cindy B" wrote:

Ok, let me aswer all your questions.
It is not merging any of the hidden text. I am running a letter merge to
new document and using Word 2003.

"Cindy B" wrote:

No, the text is not merged at all.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

However, once I merge, the hidden text is completely
ignored.

Can we assume that you mean that the hidden attribute is ignored and so the
text is visible? Please spell it out if that's not right.

It seems OK here, but
a. which version of Word (I'm using 2003)?
b. how are you hiding the MERGEFIELD fields (and are you hiding other types
of field) ?
c. presumably you are outputting to a new document, but what type of merge
are you performing (Letters, Directory,...) ?

Peter Jamieson
"Cindy B" wrote in message
I have several merge fields set as hidden text because I need to be able to
see them on the screen but not print once I've completed my merge - seems
reasonable right? However, once I merge, the hidden text is completely
ignored. Has anyone encountered this and more importantly found a
resolution?