Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Latin has limited support, how can I fix this?

I knew about the improvement in =rand() but haven't used it. And yes, you're
right about the arguments; I was using (5,2), and it was less obvious that
each of the five paragraphs had two sentences because there is such a
pronounced difference in sentence length (a good thing, of course).

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
On a blank line type
=lorem()
and then enter for an example

That's neat

Apparently you can introduce an argument for the number of paragraphs but
not (as with =rand()) for the number of sentences in each paragraph.
That's actually an improvement because quick brown foxes are so
repetitive that they don't make good sample text.

For me it works just like rand() - which is what I would have expected.
Note also that rand() in 2007 is much improved and no longer uses foxes,
quick or brown or any other sort.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
=lorem() produces a different chunk of lorem ipsum from any I've seen,
not to mention a much smaller chunk than my "lorem" AutoText entry, so I
think I'll stick with the latter.

Apparently you can introduce an argument for the number of paragraphs but
not (as with =rand()) for the number of sentences in each paragraph.
That's actually an improvement because quick brown foxes are so
repetitive that they don't make good sample text.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com
wrote in message ...
Hi Roberto,

Limited support indicates that the Windows support for a particular
language/keyboard hasn't been enabled.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...245231033.aspx

There aren't any proofing tools for Latin available (other than using
Serbian Latin, or one of the Latin/Romance languages) although
Word 2007 does use pseudoLatin for creating sample text

On a blank line type
=lorem()
and then enter for an example.

You may want to look into 3rd party products as well.
http://www.alphadictionary.com/direc...Romance/Latin/
or search online for Latin Spell check
============
"RobertoDole" wrote in
message
I'm trying to type in Latin on my computer, but Word tells me that Latin
has
"Limited Support," and the spelling/grammar checks do not work when I
type in
Latin. Is there any way to fix this? I have Word 2007 and Windows XP
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP