Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Save a mail merge main doc as separate records?

Make sure that you start Word from the Start menu and not by double clicking
on a document in Windows Explorer.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"DebraH" wrote in message
When I execute the merge I don't have the option of creating separate
documents.
--
Debra H

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you can see the wording "Create Template For the Merge Document" on
the
add-ins toolbar - that wording is the button and the only button that the
add-in needs ... and you only need to use that as indicated in the web
page
that accompanies the add-in when the original merge document template is
missing. The add-in functions activate automatically when you run the
merge.

You need to read the web page again!

DebraH wrote:
Hi. I downloaded the add-in and I can see it on the add-in tab but
there are no button/icons on it. What happened? and more
importantly - how do fix it?

It seems you may have extracted the template to the wrong folder. The
correct folder for your copy of Word is defined in Word Options
Advanced File Locations Startup. Ensure that this folder is a
trusted location (it should be by default). Note you must extract
the file from the zip, not merely put the zip in this folder.

Debs1967 wrote:
Thanks Doug and Graham, the MMtoDocsRevnn.dot item isn't showing
when I go to the Developer tab, click on Document Template item and
look at the Templates tab. Nothing is shown in there. Does this
mean I have extracted the add-in to the incorrect file and if so,
what can I do? Thanks.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Doug - The supplementary macro I added to the download to create a
template from the document, when the original template is not
available should appear on the add-ins tab, so lack of such a tab
suggests that the add-in is not loading.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
The only place that it will appear in the ribbon is if you go the
the Developer tab and click on the Document Template item and look
at the Templates tab of the Templates and Add-ins dialog and the
MMtoDocsRevnn.dot item should appear there with a check mark
against it.
There is no macro that you have to select and run to create the
separate documents. Just follow the steps on the website - Click
on Edit Individual Letters and after dealing with the dialog in
which you can select the records to be merged, the add-in then
intercepts the Word merge operation and the dialog that asks if
you want to create a separate document for each record will
appear.

"Debs1967" wrote in message
news Thanks Graham, I looked on your site and followed the link to
Doug Robbins'
Word Add-in for individually saving merged documents. I've
extracted the add-in to where instructed but it isn't showing on
the ribbon and nothing happens when I finalise a mailmerge. Do
you know what I've done wrong please? I started Word before
Outlook and from the start menu after extracting the add-in. I
don't have an Add-in tab on the ribbon. Thank you!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

Cranberry1711 wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to quickly break down a mail merged document
into it's individual records so as to save each letter as a
separate file please?