Robert M. Franz

Hi Qreg

Qreg wrote:
Maybe that number of 30 pages is a little to low but believe me when the
number of equations is getting larger the more problems occur
(unfortunatelly I cannot convert them to images at that point because first
it has to be checked by my Profesor, who has to have possibility of editing
them if it is neccesary).

MathType (an extension to Word's built-in Equation Editor) might be of
some help to you. Since we use that at my Uni, problems with Equations
have dropped considerably.

I recall a rather short document in Word 97 (you seem to be rather
reluctant to name the version _you_ are using ...) where I could almost
feel the difference after each insertion of a new EqEdit-Object. I had
to recreate way too many of those objects time and again (and after
editing like 5, I had to save, close and reopen the document anyway if I
wanted to edit another one ...).

I don't want to advocate LaTeX since I've never sensibly used it myself,
but for documents with a lot of equations, I'd seriously consider it.
When you use a standard LaTeX package, you lose a lot of flexibility
(unless you _really_ go deep into the specs) for the price of a decent
layout.

2cents
Robert
--