Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default finding footnote-ending paragraph mark

Oh well, thanks.

Maybe authors should have to have graduate students type their papers
again, who know how to use these things.

On Nov 29, 3:20*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
I guess I meant if you're not using wildcards (you don't have to be to use
^13). But Word can be extremely bloody-minded about paragraph marks
sometimes--in footnotes, between tables, etc. While it may be possible to
write a macro to take care of this (though ISTR that even a macro wouldn't
do it for paragraph breaks between tables), in the long run you may just
have to go through and do this by hand (using Delete or Backspace, whichever
works).

If all else fails (oh, joy!), you may have to copy the text of an existing
footnote (without the paragraph marks), delete the footnote reference in the
document body, insert a new footnote, and paste the copied content into it.